[Coral-List] More on climate

Albert Norström albert at ecology.su.se
Fri Jan 8 08:07:33 EST 2010

All John Coleman does is reiterate a bunch of arguments plucked
straight out from the skeptic cupboard. Lets see, solar activity as
the main driver of current warming? Oh yes, its in there. But seeing
that there has been no positive trend in any solar index since the
1960s (and possibly a small negative trend), we can safely conclude
that solar forcing cannot be responsible for the recent temperature
trends. Cherry-picking data to show recent cooling trends? Sure,
Coleman shows a graph with temperature curve from 2002 to 2006 and
confidently claims that this proves that the dastardly IPCC and their
cronies are wrong. Strange that the founder of the weather channel
cant tell the difference between climate and weather; and that he
chooses to ignore the latest report from the World Metereological
Organization (http://www.wmo.int/pages/mediacentre/press_releases/pr_869_en.html
) that states: ” The year 2009 is likely to rank in the top 10 warmest
on record since the beginning of instrumental climate records in 1850,
according to data sources compiled by the World Meteorological
Organization (WMO).” and that ” The decade of the 2000s (2000–2009)
was warmer than the decade spanning the 1990s (1990–1999), which in
turn was warmer than the 1980s (1980–1989).” Does he mention
climategate? Ofcourse! Data has been fabricated and journals pressed
in not accepting papers that prove global warming is a hoax! Except
that the emails referred to in the climategate scandal do not in any
way show that data has been fabricated or that any research has been
stopped from publication (see John Brunos post on this on
climateshifts, http://www.climateshifts.org/?p=3717).

There’s a few more, but I’ll leave it to other to debunk them if they
see fit. I’m just curious as to why, when all of John Colemans
arguments have been dealt with, recently, on this mailing-list, we
must still be exposed to them over and over again?

All the best,

/Albert Norström