[Coral-List] Pulley Ridge connectivity: looking for collaborators [Fwd: FY 2011 Funding Opportunity]

mikhail matz matz at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Jul 27 12:51:18 EDT 2010

Hello colleagues,

This sounds like an interesting project, to which we can supply the
genetics part. We can quickly develop 10+ microsatellite markers for
3-4 coral species that are found at Pulley Ridge (Agaricia,
Leptoseris, Montastrea cavernosa, Madracis), from small-scale 454
sequencing of cDNA, and carry out the genotyping and data analysis.
We are not doing technical diving, though, to sample corals below 60
m. If this is something you have experience with, and would like to
go for this funding opportunity, please let me know if we can help.

cheers

Misha

Mikhail V. Matz
Assistant Professor
University of Texas at Austin
Integrative Biology Section
1 University station C0930
Austin, TX 78712
phone 512-992-8086 cell, 512-475-6424 lab
fax 512-471-3878
web http://www.bio.utexas.edu/research/matz_lab

Begin forwarded message: