[Coral-List] Call for abstracts European ISRS Meeting 2010 Session on Reef Ecology

Mark J A Vermeij vermeij at hawaii.edu
Tue Jun 15 20:08:13 EDT 2010

Apologies for cross-postings
     Dear colleagues
  We would like to invite you to participate in the  session, "Reef Ecology: role of biotic and abiotic factors in reefs,  trophic  structures in reefs, stability of reef systems, modelling  and simulation of reef ecosystems", being held at the Euro ISRS Symposium 2010 in Wageningen, The Netherlands, December 13-17, 2010.
  The European ISRS Symposium brings together  researchers from various fields of coral reef related disciplines, traditionally with a  focus on tropical coral reef ecosystems. In the session “Reef Ecology” we hope to provide an elegant overview of the latest ecological processes shown to  be important and previously unrecognized structuring forces driving coral  reef community composition. Areas of interest could be (but are not  restricted to): System approaches, trophic effects, the importance of microbes in macroscopic processes, indirect effects, spatially explicit processes, integration  of processes towards system approaches using modeling and simulation. We  would also encourage a certain degree of speculation or presentations in a  “perspective” format where presenters aim at synthesizing processes that have not  previously been considered simultaneously.
  Abstracts for oral and poster presentations can be  submitted until the 1st of July 2010.
  For abstract submission, registration, and further information, please visit: http://www.isrs2010.org/home
  If you know of anyone who might be interested and  not receiving this notice, please pass this message along. If you have any questions, please contact us at:
  Eric Franklin (University of Hawaii) erikcf at hawaii.edu
  Erk Meesters (Wageningen University) Erik.Meesters at wur.nl
  Mark Vermeij (Carmabi/ University of Amsterdam) m.vermeij at carmabi.org

__________________________________
Dr. M.J.A. Vermeij
Science Director
Carmabi Foundation
Piscaderabaai z/n
Curaçao, Netherlands Antilles
Phone: +5999-5103067
Email: m.vermeij at carmabi.org
Skype: markvermeij
Web:http://www.researchstationcarmabi.org/

Department of Botany
University of Hawaii at Manoa
email: vermeij at hawaii.edu
http://www.botany.hawaii.edu/

Institute for Biodiversity and Ecosystem Dynamics  IBED
University of Amsterdam
Nieuwe Achtergracht 127
1018 WS Amsterdam
The Netherlands