[Coral-List] Glossary of coral reef morphology

sarah hamylton sarahhamylton at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 23 23:14:52 EDT 2010

Dear Coral Listers,

I am a post doctoral research fellow in the Coastal Research Unit of the
Geography Department, University of Cambridge. In collaboration with some
colleagues in the seabed mapping community I am helping to produce a
geomorphological atlas of the seabed. I have been tasked with supplying
glossary definitions for coral reef units (e.g. fringing reef, barrier
reef, platform reef etc.). We are keen to utilise terms already in
circulation. If anybody knows of any existing coral reef glossaries or
pertinent definitions (particularly with respect to landform types), I
would be very grateful if you could pass them on.

Many thanks in advance,

Sarah

--
Dr Sarah Hamylton