[Coral-List] Request for information on benthic cover software

Ruth Thurstan ruththurstan at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 24 07:07:27 EDT 2010

Dear Coral-list

I have recently completed a number of video transects of benthic communities. I would like to get hold of some software that allows me to take frame-grabs from the video so I can estimate percentage cover etc.

Does anyone have any advice as to what software is available and where I could get it from? I have had a look around but most software seems to deal with single images rather than a video.

Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks

Ruth Thurstan