[Coral-List] Oil Spills literature:GoM

Tom ctwiliams at yahoo.com
Sun May 9 22:06:12 EDT 2010

Good background for surface oil spills
BUT
I think we will find this oil is different
It is native crude which hasn't been at atmospheric pressure
At 5000psi and released to only 2000psi at the seafloor what happen
Gas expansion = deep chilling of bottom water
Changing gas comp on the wayup may stratifed separation in todifferent pres/temp marine zones
Is all of it making it to the surface
So many differences from the normal of a tanker after all sort of things have been boiled off

Tom

Sent from my iPhone