[Coral-List] Job Announcement: Ocean Program Staff Assistant
olsone at imsg.com
Wed May 19 11:14:56 EDT 2010
I.M. Systems Group (www.imsg.com <https://mail.imsg.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.imsg.com/> ) seeks an individual to work as a staff assistant to the Department of the Interior (DOI) Ocean and Coastal Program Coordinator in the areas of program coordination and development, strategic planning, partnership building, and information management. The position will help support DOI's ocean and coastal activities, and will staff the US Coral Reef Task Force (USCRTF) in close collaboration with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's (NOAA) Coral Reef Conservation Program (CRCP). This position will be based at the Department of the Interior in Washington, DC and will require several days a month at NOAA headquarters in Silver Spring, MD.
* Provide a range of programmatic support to DOI and the CRTF Secretariat.
* Assist with the coordination of the US Coral Reef Task Force meetings.
* Coordinate with USCRTF NOAA Steering Committee Co-Chair.
* Participate in various working groups and program teams.
* Assist with newsletters, Web site support, reports, and meeting preparation.
* Support program strategic planning and coordination efforts.
* Review and provide comments on documents and reports.
* Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline such as marine science, biology, marine policy, environmental management, or policy.
* Strong verbal and writing skills.
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; leadership ability on projects.
* Self-motivated, creative, energetic, strategic thinker with a can-do attitude.
* Ability to work well individually and cooperatively with a range of individuals.
* Ability to work on several projects simultaneously and to shift priorities as needed.
* Willingness to learn new skills and work with motivated individuals.
* Technical proficiency with Microsoft Office programs; Dreamweaver knowledge a plus but not required.
* Master's degree and one year program or project planning preferred; other leadership skills can substitute.
* Familiarity with ocean, coastal and coral reef conservation and management issues.
Qualified candidates may apply by e-mailing a cover letter, resume, and 3 references (MS
Word format strongly preferred) to the following email: jobs at imsg.com with the subject heading: NOA10019 - Ocean Program Staff Assistant. This position is for one year and the vacancy announcement is open until filled.
IMSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Program Manager, IMSG
More information about the Coral-List