[Coral-List] Dragnet (was: "on topic")

MC Diver! MC at MC-Diver.com
Thu May 20 14:58:29 EDT 2010

Hi Friends:

As a relatively new - and intentionally quiet - member of the list, I'd
just like to cast my vote in for purely scientific papers over Chicken
Little polemics quoting commercial news sources that depend on
sensationalism to sell copy.

There are plenty of "debates" out there - surely there is a "expert" or
two for every village daily.

There are at least a dozen "Save-the-Reef" discussion groups on the
internet, none of whom seem to attract "experts" boasting more than a
high school diploma.

What is painfully scarce outside this discussion list, is good, clean
research with reproducible results.

As a science-junkie noob, I don't expect to have much to contribute to
this list, but I do so appreciate it when folks present "just the facts"
and let me form my own opinion.

Glenn "MC" Call
Rochester, NY