[Coral-List] Job announcement: Papahanaumokuakea USFWS Superintendent

Susan_White at fws.gov Susan_White at fws.gov
Wed May 26 13:47:29 EDT 2010

Jim,
Please post on coral list........

Mahalo,
Susan
-----------------------------
Posted on www.USAJOBS.gov .   Applications accepted from 18 May until 02
June 2010.

US Fish & Wildlife Service, Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument
Manager/Superintendent.

This  position serves as the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service’s Project
Leader/Superintendent for the 140,000-acre Papahanaumokuakea Marine
National Monument (Monument) including the Midway Atoll and Hawaiian
Islands National Wildlife Refuges. Papahanaumokuakea; which is co-managed
by the FWS, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, the State of
Hawai'i, and in coordination with the Office of Hawaiian Affairs;
stretches approximately 1,200 nautical miles in a northwesterly direction
from the main Hawaiian Islands, and consists of emergent and submerged
lands, coral islands and reefs, seamounts, banks, and shoals. Many of the
remote islands are not inhabited by humans. The Monument supports breeding
grounds for nearly 14 million seabirds of 21 species, and a dynamic reef
ecosystem with more than 7,000 marine species, half of which are unique to
the Hawaiian Island chain, including nearly two dozen threatened or
endangered species. Midway Atoll NWR is designated as the Battle of Midway
National Memorial in recognition of the bravery of the soldiers who fought
the historic battle. The entire Monument holds great significance to
Native Hawaiian culture, including the numerous historic cultural sites on
some islands. Papahanaumokuakea is under international consideration for
World Heritage inscription as a mixed (natural-cultural) site. The
Monument is administered from a central office located in Honolulu,
Hawai'i. For more information see our Websites at:
Http://www.fws.gov/midway/monument.html
Http://www.fws.gov/hawaiianislands/monument.html
Http://www.papahanaumokuakea.gov/

This position is also being announced under open competitive procedures
(open to all U.S. citizens) and under merit promotion procedures (open to
current and former Federal employees).   Be sure to click on "ALL Jobs
(Public And Status)" in your search criteria.

See announcement R1-10-349637-AM if you want to apply for consideration
under open competitive procedures.

See vacancy R1-10-344959-AM to apply under merit promotion procedures /
For Federal Employees.

Susan White,   Project Leader
Pacific Reefs National Wildlife Refuge Complex
email:  susan_white at fws.gov             ph:  808/792-9481
http://www.fws.gov/pacificislandsrefuges/remotes.html
><>   ><>   ><>   ><>   ><>   ><>   ><>   ><>   ><>   ><>
Pacific Remote Islands Marine National Monument
     Baker, Howland, Jarvis, Palmyra Atoll, Kingman Reef,
       Johnston Atoll, Wake Atoll NWRs
Rose Atoll Marine National Monument
     Rose Atoll NWR
Marianas Trench Marine National Monument
     Marianas Arc of Fire, Mariana Trench NWRs
U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service
300 Ala Moana Blvd.  Rm 5-231
Honolulu, HI  96850
fax:  808/792-9585