[Coral-List] Position Announcement: SFS Turks and Caicos
eaugusto at fieldstudies.org
Mon Nov 15 11:13:21 EST 2010
The School for Field Studies - Center for Marine Resource Studies
Turks & Caicos
The SFS Center for Marine Resource Studies, located on South Caicos in the Turks & Caicos Islands, seeks an enthusiastic, team-oriented Center Director to lead a resident staff in the delivery of high quality, field-based academic programs to undergraduate students from American colleges and universities.
Position Summary: This position reports to the Vice President of the School and is responsible for administering all aspects of the SFS - Center for Marine Resource Studies, including staff management and team building; and oversight of Center operations, finance and administration; academic program planning, delivery and evaluation; the Center's Five Year Research Plan and securing grant support; and representation of the Center in local, regional and international arenas.
* Demonstrated upper level organizational management experience in such areas as project management, conducting academic and/or research programs, or heading environmental issue-driven projects, programs or organizations
* Ph.D. or equivalent degree in a marine-related field with demonstrated research and field experience
* Minimum three years' experience in university teaching
* Demonstrated ability to coordinate and be part of an interdisciplinary teaching and research team
* Knowledge of U.S. higher education system
* Knowledge of Caribbean island life, including culture, history, and governmental operations
* Experience living at a field station preferred
* Scuba qualification, driver's license and boat driver's license
* Demonstrated commitment to environmental issues
* Commitment to academic success of SFS students and faculty
* Willingness to work flexible hours and live on site at the Center with a resident, full-time team of faculty and staff, groups of US undergraduate students and visiting researchers
* Ability to travel locally and internationally to support the Center's academic work and administration
* Enthusiastic approach to problem solving, collegial attitude and entrepreneurial spirit
Start Date: January 2011
Compensation and Benefits: salary commensurate with qualifications, on-site housing and meals, and excellent benefits package.
Complete job description and current course syllabi on view at www.fieldstudies.org <http://www.fieldstudies.org/>
TO APPLY: Email a cover letter addressing the qualifications and expectations stated above and a curriculum vitae outlining relevant experience to jobs at fieldstudies.org. Applications accepted until the position is filled. Faxes and hard copy will not be accepted. Equal Opportunity Employer.
More information about the Coral-List