[Coral-List] Women's Workshop Sea of Cortez

Tara Short shorttara at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 19 11:53:15 EST 2010

Baja Island Adventure for Women
April 14-20, 2011

Registration is now open. Join Becoming an Outdoor's Woman and Green Edventures for camaraderie and eco-adventure on this small group, action-filled program to Baja and the Sea of Cortez. During this week-long experience learn snorkeling, free-diving, and kayaking while living on an island paradise oasis. Try SCUBA or if you are already certified go diving for an extra fee. Explore the pristine desert and learn about the flora and fauna from local guides as well as fish ID and coastal ecology. Swim with wild sea lions, see whales and dolphins and possibly swim with whale sharks! Camp on the beach under billions of stars; you’ll fall in love with our full service camp which includes a chef and staff to take care of you during your experience. This program is suitable for any adult woman interested in learning new skills in a non-competitive environment, interested in marine ecology, and would like to travel with a group of adventurous gals. Any skill level is welcome. The program will be tailored to the group’s interests. All equipment is provided. Just bring your swimming suit and camera! College credit is available through the University of WI - Stevens Point. To learn more: http://www.uwsp.edu/cnr/bow/Baja.aspx
Photos and Stories from Last Year:
Read a first-hand travel log from one of last year’s participants: http://bajawomen.blogspot.com/2010/09/okay-jump-in-go-go-go-it-could-have.html
Facebook Group (lots of photos): http://www.facebook.com/greenedventures#!/group.php?gid=223203818113

About Becoming an Outdoor’s Woman:
Becoming an Outdoors-Woman (BOW) is a nation-wide non-profit, educational program offering hands-on workshops to adult women. We encourage a supportive environment conducive to learning, making friends, and having fun. No experience is necessary and BOW is for women of all ages and fitness levels.

About Green Edventures:
Action-packed eco-adventures in Seward, Alaska, Baja, Mexico and Oaxaca, Mexico for teens, teacher-led student groups, college students and adults. We teach environmental stewardship and global awareness and help protect people, places, and ecosystems through responsible tourism.

Please repost and distribute. Thank you.