[Coral-List] Pew report on climate change

Ulf Erlingsson ceo at lindorm.com
Tue Nov 23 10:28:27 EST 2010

As long as there are serious scientists who are not convinced, it
will be hard to convince all of the non-scientists.

I propose to try to debate with and convince those who consider that
the case has not yet been made.

Listen to their arguments. Meet them. And DON'T CALL THEM NAMES.

I think the debate went seriously wrong at the moment when proponents
of the hypothesis lost their temper. Bad idea.

Also, look for common ground instead of seeing conflicts. Example:

Nobody is denying that pollution is bad. So why not focus on
decreasing the air pollution? After all, the methods are rather
similar: Decrease the burning of fossil fuels. What does it matter to
nature WHY we decrease it?

There is a difference, but put the difference aside and work for
results rather than getting hung up on that difference.

Ulf Erlingsson