[Coral-List] Pew report on climate change

todd duncan amphibioustodd at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 27 11:52:20 EST 2010

Steve,

Fair enough.  As an educator, my biggest challenge is not to teach facts, but to inspire students to apply what they learn to their own lives in the way they see fit; to live what they believe.  It's harder, and takes some measure of courage.  All good change breeds conflict, and at some point we all are faced with the prospect of shrinking away or hanging it out there.  Those moments will define us, and the success of environmental stewardship everywhere.  If real environmental awareness is to make inroads into the average American home as a priority, a fair amount of educated people will need to become vocal in ways that has yet to happen, they aren't used to, will attract criticism, maybe compromise funding, and generally make life more complicated.  If coral reefs are really threatened to the degree the Pew Report and those on the List are saying, than these personal losses are small ones.  I enjoy the List by following along as a
 voyeur, mostly, but was compelled to join in.  Thanks for writing.  Todd