[Coral-List] More La Ninia

Ulf Erlingsson ceo at lindorm.com
Mon Nov 29 11:23:35 EST 2010

On 2010-11-29, at 09:33, Eugene Shinn wrote:

Gene said, " Even if it was CO2 causing the
cycles in deep sea cores  described by Arrhenius ..."

Hmm, the first deep-sea cores I am aware of were the one taken by
Kullenberg on the Albatross expedition in the late 40's (and BTW,
those cores provided the first evidence that continental drift caused
the mid-oceanic ridges to be younger than the periphery, long before
American scientists accepted the hypothesis based on magnetism).

What Svante Arrhenius predicted was that the greenhouse effect made
our planet inhabitable, and that the burning of fossil fuels might
help to some little degree with postponing the onset of the next Ice
Age. And speaking of that, do we still know how and why ice ages
start? Can we predict when it will return?

Ulf