[Coral-List] Atolls and SL rise

Bill Allison allison.billiam at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 22:13:55 EDT 2010

As I pointed out in my post of Sep 30, 2010, Han et al. (2010) also
suggested on page 549 that seasonal variation in sea level could have
significant effects.

"However, statistically significant sea-level rise is shown during winter in
both ocean general circulation models and Simple Ocean Data Assimilation
data (Supplementary Fig. S2), which could have significant impacts on the
Maldives because of its low elevation." p. 549

Factor in storm surge or a tsunami riding on the back of such variation and
the risk increases appreciably.