[Coral-List] Reef Ball Project in Miami Beach, FL

Brian Walker walkerb at nova.edu
Wed Oct 13 12:20:50 EDT 2010

Hi Scott,

The following citation will tell you what to expect as far as the fish
communities go in that area (except for the addition of lionfish). We
surveyed fish communities in that same area for 2 years on several
artificial reef types. We also recorded presence/absence of
macroinvertebrates that were not reported in the article. I can provide you
that information if need be, but macroinverts communities may differ
depending on the types of cements used in reef construction.

Walker, B.K., Henderson, B., Spieler, R.E., 2002. Fish assemblages
associated with artificial reefs of concrete aggregates or quarry stone
offshore Miami Beach, Florida, USA. Aquat Living Resour 15, 95-105.

Best,

Brian K. Walker, Ph.D.
Research Scientist
National Coral Reef Institute