[Coral-List] Roughness of artifical reefs

Clifford J. Hearn clifford_hearn at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 13 15:27:48 EDT 2010

Dear Listers

I wonder whether it would be worthwhile our comparing the rugosity (roughness) of artificial reefs with that for natural reefs. If rugosity is a good measure of topographic complexity and this is related to ecology and fish habitat, we could see some important science. We have good bathymetry for some natural reefs and would just need bathy/topo data for artificial reefs.
Your thoughts?
Cliff
Clifford J. Hearn
Working Science Consultancies
200, 2nd Avenue South #519, St Petersburg, Florida 33701