[Coral-List] Reef Check Australia Managing Director Position

Paul Markey paulmarkey5 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 25 02:37:50 EDT 2010

Reef Check Australia is looking for a highly-motivated individual to
 head the organization as Managing Director. The Managing Director will
 provide leadership and direction to fulfill our vision and mission
across all operational, financial and  communication dimensions of the
organization and must possess a wide  range of applicable skills.
Responsibilities include running the 2011  Great Barrier Reef survey
season; overseeing our South-East Queensland  operations; managing all
staff and volunteers; providing strategic  direction; managing all
financial aspects of the organisation (with  assistance from our
accountant) including grant writing and fundraising;  and leading our
marketing activities.
You must have: demonstrated leadership skills; excellent management
skills; experience with financial accounting and budgets; outstanding
communication skills both written and oral; and a passion for the marine
  environment and diving.
You will report to the Board of Directors. This is a truly unique
opportunity for someone wiling to take on the challenge of running a
small marine conservation charity and benefit from the enormous rewards
from doing  so.
Role Commences: December 2010/January 2011
Role Duration: 12 months with opportunity for extension.
Deadline for Applications: November 5th 2010
For a position description and application requirements please visit: http://www.reefcheckaustralia.org/opportunities.html