[Coral-List] Coral Reef Curmudgeons

Phil Dustan dustanp at cofc.edu
Tue Sep 21 08:24:40 EDT 2010

Steve,
     I think that one big issue is that many people no longer know how
to discriminate between  fact  and belief.  It began with a CNN poll
that asked viewers if they thought OJ was guilty. From then on, somehow
people lost the ability to weigh evidence. Many have let their feelings
guide their perceptions of reality. If  an issue it simply too scary, or
too large to wrap their head around they simply slip into denial. So
while our country is having a debate that makes no sense, the rest of
the planet is working towards solutions - which may or may not
exist.........

             Phil