[Coral-List] Teaching resources for island schools?

John Cubit John.Cubit at noaa.gov
Fri Sep 24 11:58:40 EDT 2010

  HawaiiReef.net has such materials, plus links to other sites with more
materials.

If you have a reasonably fast internet connection, here are some URLs to
the pages with graphics:
http://www.hawaiireef.net/
http://www.hawaiireef.net/links/other_sites.shtml

If you have a slow internet connection, these are URLs to the text-only
pages:
http://www.hawaiireef.net/text_only/links/other_sites.htm
http://www.hawaiireef.net/text_only/index.htm

--John

On 9/22/2010 12:51 AM, Kate Wilson wrote:

> Dear Coral List,
> Could anyone recommend a good textbook to introduce or give an overview of coral reef processes for high school children?  I am soon to be working as a marine biologist at a resort in the Maldives, and am hoping to set up a reef educational program in the local schools there.
> I have found the following websites useful:
> http://www.coral.org/resources/education-materials
> http://www.livelearn.org/resources/manuals.asp
> http://www.reefvid.org/
>
> Any suggestions of other links to teaching resources will be greatly appreciated (high school and/or primary).
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Kate

John Cubit, Ph.D.
Regional Resource Coordinator, Southwest Region
NOAA Assessment and Restoration Division, Suite 4470
501 W. Ocean Blvd.
Long Beach, CA 90802

John.Cubit at noaa.gov
tel 562 980-4081
fax 562 980-4084

Cell phone (for urgent matters and travel contact) 562 810-4949