[Coral-List] This year's coral spawn settling

MelissaE Keyes melissae.keyes at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 24 14:45:34 EDT 2010

Hello all,

Here in the US Virgin Islands, we've had two very harsh surf events from two
hurricanes that went by to the North, without a direct hit.  Much of the algae
was ripped off the reef.

I am wondering if the time of settlement of this year's coral spawn in the
Caribbean has passed.  I am hoping not, and also hoping that the sea needn't be
terribly calm, as the Sea/Ocean has continued to be quite rough.  Does anyone
know?  I realize this is a variable.

Cheers,

Melissa