[Coral-List] Coral Reefs, Biological Diversity, and Access

Alex Kirst kirst at nhkny.com
Wed Sep 29 18:39:18 EDT 2010

  Greetings,

I am an Associate Producer at the New York chapter of NHK, Japan's
public broadcast station.  We are presently researching a story on the
U.S.'s stance on the Convention on Biological Diversity to lead into our
expansive coverage of COP10 next month in Nagoya.

After talking to professors in California, Kansas, D.C., and abroad, I
have learned that, thanks in part to CBD measures, there are myriad
concerns regarding access to natural resources for legitimate scientific
study in developing nations, and I am presently searching for a
researcher who has experienced these difficulties to interview for our
program.

I would like to thank you for your time.

Regards,

*Alex Kirst*
NHK General Bureau for America
1177 Avenue of the Americas, Suite 3300