[Coral-List] Montastraea spawning - Colombian Caribbean

Valeria Pizarro valepizarro at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 30 14:48:39 EDT 2010

Dear all,
Last night (Sept 29th) Montastraea annularis and M. faveolata spawned between 9.45 and 10.45 pm. Observations were made in both Natural Parks Corales del Rosario and Tayrona. It wasn't as big as in previous years. Our results for Corales del Rosario suggest that only 10 % of the colonies spawned. We will be going out tonight and will let you know any more news.
Saludos,
Valeria PizarroElvira María AlvaradoUniversidad Jorge Tadeo Lozano