[Coral-List] looking for Information on Monitory programs

Katy Seto katyseto at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 19:45:04 EDT 2010

Marta,
I'm currently in grad school, but I formerly worked for a UK based company
called Global Vision International (GVI) that did coral reef monitoring work
in the Seychelles, Mexico, and Kenya.  From the perspective of field staff,
I thought the data collected was very valuable and that as long as you're
willing to learn and work hard, it's a very rewarding experience.  On a
different note, I'd love to hear the perspectives of others on the
strengths/weaknesses of amateur (though trained) data collection and its use
for scientific publication.
Best,
Katy

Message: 6