[Coral-List] Coral reefs and Global Changes

catia at geoq.uff.br catia at geoq.uff.br
Sat Apr 9 20:12:54 EDT 2011

Hello Everyone,
I am really sorry for the loss of this communication channel between us, and I wish to congratulate you for your incredible task of congregating through this list all the scientists and non-scientists in order to discover, understand, and preserve the coral reefs, our still living oceanic treasure..
We are organizing a congress here in Brazil and I would like to invite you.
The following website presents the program for the ?Coral Reefs and Global Changes? theme section and conference that will be held at the XIII Abequa Congress and III South America Quaternary Meeting in Armação dos Búzios, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
The extended abstract submission is open and we expect to congregate several researches from South America and elsewhere who bring examples and discussion of coral reef threats (rising CO2, declining O2 levels, acidification, loss of biodiversity, and other stressors), climate change, and reef health.

Extended Abstracts: Deadline for submission is 29th April, 2011.
Check the website: www.metaeventos.net/abequa2011 where you can find all the necessary information for the event and the template for abstract submission. Soon in English.
We are planning on having simultaneous English-Portuguese translation, so come along.
We hope to see you in Buzios!

Apologies for cross-postings

Catia F. Barbosa
President of XIII Abequa

Catia F. Barbosa
Earth-Ocean System Sciences
Departamento de Geoquimica
Universidade Federal Fluminense
Outeiro de Sao Joao Batista s/no., Centro, Niteroi
Rio de Janeiro, BRASIL
CEP: 24020-141
Phone: +55-21-26292209 / 26292190
Mobile: +55-21- 72279466
Fax: 55-21-26292234
    Esse e-mail foi enviado pelo WebMail da UFF
NTi - Núcleo de Tecnologia da Informação e Comunicação
--
Esta mensagem foi verificada pelo sistema de antivírus e
 acredita-se estar livre de perigo.