[Coral-List] SECORE Acropora Spawning Workshop 2011

OMMM Association ommm at wanadoo.fr
Tue Aug 16 03:38:27 EDT 2011

Dear All

In my questionning about the origin of the large mats of Sargassum algae
in the Lesser Antilles, I am also wondering about invasive species,
particularly the lionfish in our Caribbean region.
Does anyone know about the potential dispersal of this species using
mats of floating materials, particularly sargassum, as we know that many
species develop under these rafts across the ocean?

We have not been looking at the associated species of these mats at
first, but it might be interesting to do a bit of work, or at least know
about this potential way of introduction for new species.

Thanks,
Jean-Philippe