[Coral-List] Mark's mysterious fish

Les Kaufman lesk at bu.edu
Thu Aug 18 10:19:14 EDT 2011

I also ID'd it tentatively (not in hand) as Promethicthys prometheus.   So either we are all great at ID'ing fishes from photographs, or we're all wrong.

Caught a larva one of these puppies in Jamaica many years ago nightl-ighting.  What a cutie.  Look how they grow up.  Just like people.

Les

Les Kaufman
Professor of Biology
Boston University Marine Program