[Coral-List] Abaco Science Alliance Conference

Olivia Patterson olivia at friendsoftheenvironment.org
Thu Aug 18 11:12:56 EDT 2011

Join us at the Abaco Science Alliance Conference in Marsh Harbour, Abaco, Bahamas, January 5-7, 2012!

The Abaco Science Alliance Conference (ASAC) is held by Friends of the Environment every two years to bring together scientists working in Abaco and around The Bahamas for networking and information sharing. The conference aims to promote research being done in The Bahamas and encourage that research to be used for educational purposes as well as local environmental management decisions. The conference is open to a wide diversity of attendees including students, community members and government officials, so this is a great chance to get the word out about your research projects!

We are accepting abstracts (no more than 300 words) for posters or 20 minute talks. Abstracts are due by October 31st, 2011. Researchers are invited to submit abstracts on research findings in natural history and environmental science of Abaco and The Bahamas. Papers and posters will be accepted based on their technical merit and contribution to our knowledge of species, populations, communities, ecological processes, management practices, conservation initiatives, education models or policy issues. We will notify you regarding acceptance of your abstract by November 15, 2011.

For registration forms and more information, please visit: http://www.friendsoftheenvironment.org/Abaco_Science_Alliance_Conference.html (Reduced registration rates for Presenters!!)

Questions? Email me at olivia at friendsoftheenvironment.org

Thank you,
Olivia