[Coral-List] Community Coral Reef Monitoring Coordinator
olsone at imsg.com
Tue Aug 23 16:05:43 EDT 2011
I.M. Systems Group, Inc. (IMSG) (www.imsg.com), a Federal Government Contractor located in Rockville, Maryland is currently seeking to hire a Community Coral Reef Monitoring Coordinator to provide programmatic and technical support to the NOAA National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS), NOAA Coral Reef Conservation Program (CRCP) office located in Guam.
* Coordinate community monitoring and outreach activities
* Develop presentations, field guides, and other materials for training community members
* Create outreach materials for the program including training materials, data sheets, and status reports
* Enter and maintain data collected by volunteers and produce regular reports for the community and reef managers
* Work collaboratively with communities, scientists, and reef mangers to develop and refine the program
* Create and maintain a website and social networking profiles / pages (Facebook, twitter, etc.) for the program
* Encourage support for the program through outreach events, advertising, social media and other tools
* Network and collaborate with community monitoring programs in other jurisdictions (may require travel)
* Track performance measures and compile project performance reports
* Participate in government monitoring and assessment programs
* Collaborate with local agency outreach and monitoring personnel
* Complete water safety, monitoring and facilitation training as needed
* Perform general office support
* Demonstrated organizational and communication skills
* Ability to speak comfortably in front of large groups
* Ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of individuals and within teams
* Ability to work on multiple projects and shift priorities as needed
* Must be able to work evenings and weekends as needed
* Must be comfortable in and around the water
* Four year degree in communications or biology
* Knowledge or experience of Guam's reefs
* Experience working with communities on Guam or other Pacific islands
* Demonstrated experience in the fields of education/outreach, biological and human use monitoring, observation and compliance.
* Certification as a lifeguard or dive master and CPR/first aid, or ability to gain certifications
* Ability to speak Chamorro
* Training in marine biology
* SCUBA diving certification
Please submit your resume, the contact information for three (3) references, your salary requirements and a cover letter explaining how your qualifications meet the requirements of the position to jobs at imsg.com with the following subject line: NOA11029 - Community Coral Reef Monitoring Coordinator. IMSG offers an outstanding benefits package including company paid medical benefits and three weeks paid time off. The salary range for this position is 30-35k depending on qualifications.
IMSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Veteran friendly.
I.M. Systems Group
olsone at imsg.com
Coral-List mailing list
Coral-List at coral.aoml.noaa.gov
This e-mail, including attachments, may include confidential and/or proprietary information, and may be used only by the person or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or his or her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and delete this e-mail immediately.
More information about the Coral-List