[Coral-List] Marine Biologist Position, Maldives
patsvensson at yahoo.se
Tue Dec 20 22:13:44 EST 2011
There are a couple of
marine biologist positions available asap with Seamarc, with placement at
5-star resorts in the Maldives.
Basic job summary
As a Marine Biologist,
your scope of work includes but is not limited to:
· Giving regular marine life presentations for
guests followed by guided excursions e.g. snorkeling
· Being available to guests for information on the
marine environment and our projects to add to guest experience
· Awareness and training sessions
· Conducting underwater fish and coral surveys.
Additional monitoring and research as required
· Working with our reef restoration programme (www.reefscapers.com)
· Minimum BSc. in marine biology or related degree
· PADI Dive Master or equivalent
· Previous coral reef monitoring experience.
Preferably in the Maldives or the Indian Ocean
· Experience with coral reef restoration
· Highly interactive and people friendly attitude
· Excellent written and spoken English. Additional
language of advantage
· Beyond basic computer competency, knowledge of
CPCe, ArcGIS and R would be of value
If you are interested and
match the basic requirements, please send me your CV and cover letter.
Patrik Svensson PhD
Head of Marine Projects
Seamarc Pvt. Ltd.
3rd Floor, M. Honey Dew
Email: patrik at seamarc.com
Web: www.reefscapers.com / www.seamarc.com
More information about the Coral-List