[Coral-List] Low impact coral sampling techniques

Mary Alice Coffroth coffroth at buffalo.edu
Sat Feb 19 10:47:46 EST 2011

Hi Group,
     I am writing to get some feedback on coral sampling techniques
(i.e. those that might reduce impact especially in protected areas).  If
you have sampled corals using the "syringe technique" (See Kemp et al
2007-Coral Reefs and Correa et al 2009, Coral Reefs) - could you please
let me know the species you've used the syringe biopsy method on, and
what analysis/tests have been performed successfully on the captured
tissue/material?  RNA? DNA? zoox or something else.  Please reply
directly to me.

Thanks so much!
Mary Alice

--
Mary Alice Coffroth, PhD
Professor

Mailing address
411 Cooke Hall
Department of Geology
State University of New York at Buffalo
Buffalo NY 14260

Phone: 716-645-4871 (office)  PLEASE NOTE NEW NUMBERS
       716-645- 4874 (lab)
Fax:   716-645-3999
Email: Coffroth at buffalo.edu
Web page:  http://www.nsm.buffalo.edu/Bio/burr/