[Coral-List] Lionfish length

Doc Radawski docradawski at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 11:26:47 EST 2011

Hi John,

Last week one of our dive guides speared a lionfish with an OBL (overall
body length) of 14.5 inches. It is the largest fish, we have taken to date
on the southside of Roatan . The largest lionfish taken by us, prior to this
was 13.5 inches long.

This past week, we have had a report from a diver whom I consider a very
reliable, experienced source. This diver estimated the length of a lionfish,
that he saw, to be in the 20" to 24" length range. We are going to try to
hunt that individual specimen down.

If we are successful, I will let you know.

Sincerely,

Doc Radawski
www.cocoviewresort.com