[Coral-List] Funding available for research at Lizard Island, Great Barrier Reef
lirs at bigpond.com
Mon Jul 11 20:07:39 EDT 2011
Dear Coral listers
Each year, the Australian Museum offers financial support for coral reef
research at its Lizard Island Research Station on the northern Great Barrier
Reef. The 2012 Lizard Island Fellowships Program is now open, as follows:
Two fellowships for PhD students, AU$8,000 per year for up to three years
1) Lizard Island Doctoral Fellowship. Funding provided by the Lizard Island
Reef Research Foundation members.
2) Ian Potter Doctoral Fellowship at Lizard Island. Funding provided by The
Ian Potter Foundation.
Preliminary applications for these fellowships close on 19 August 2011.
Three fellowships for early-career postdoctoral researchers, AU$11,000 to be
spent in one year
3) Isobel Bennett Marine Biology Fellowship. Funding provided by the Hermon
Slade Raiatea Foundation.
4) John and Laurine Proud Fellowship. Funding provided by the John and
Laurine Proud Estate Trust.
5) Yulgilbar Foundation Fellowship. Funding provided by the Yulgilbar
Applications for these fellowships close on 30 September 2011.
For information about the program, visit
Dr Anne Hoggett & Dr Lyle Vail
Lizard Island Research Station
PMB 37, Cairns, Qld
P: + 61 (0)7 40603977 F: +61 (0)7 40603055
E: lizard at austmus.gov.au
Lizard Island Research Station is a facility of the Australian Museum
Inspiring the exploration of nature and cultures
More information about the Coral-List