[Coral-List] FW: Possible posting on coral listserv?

Burnside, Jeff (NBCUniversal, WTVJ) Jeff.Burnside at nbcuni.com
Wed Jul 13 00:50:17 EDT 2011

INVITATION TO ENVIRONMENTAL JOURNALISM CONFERENCE IN MIAMI OCT. 19-23

I've been a part of this listserv for years and know you'd want to learn
about a massive environmental journalism conference coming to Miami Oct.
19-23 that I will be co-chairing. It's the annual gathering of the
Society of Environmental Journalists featuring more than 1,000 attendees
including hundreds of top working reporters from throughout the
hemisphere and Europe who specialize in environmental and science
issues, along with scientists, policymakers, opinion leaders, NGOs,
funders and more. In essence, some of the biggest names in news,
science, and government. Early registration suggests it might be the
largest such gathering ever held, anywhere. Reefs and other ocean issues
will be front and center including the absolute very latest info on reef
protection, adaptation, acidification, sharks, marine spatial planning,
remote sensing, climate science, overfishing, sea level rise, and more -
plus a dive tour onto a reef in the Sanctuary and Aquarius. Frankly,
there may never be a better networking opportunity. And we are planning
synergies with concurrent meetings of the US Coral Reef Task Force,
Nat'l Association of Hispanic Journalists, Center for Strategic and
Int'l Studies, and Pew Environment Group. Go to www.sej.org to register
and get a discount rate at the InterContinental while they last. You are
all encouraged to re-post!

CONFERENCE OVERVIEW:
http://www.sej.org/sites/default/files/SEJ-SAM2011.pdf

Jeff Burnside