[Coral-List] What does small juvenile Chaetodon semilarvatus look like?

Michael Arvedlund arvedlund at speedpost.net
Sat Jul 16 12:15:09 EDT 2011

Dear everybody

I am once again diving in the Red Sea together with some of my students.
I have always been puzzled about what small juvenile Chaetodon
semilarvatus looks like. It is a breathtaking beautiful butterflyfish in
my point of view. However, I have never been able to find any satisfying
description or images anywhere of small juveniles of this species. I may
of course have been looking in the wrong places. Fishbase does not say
much about small juveniles of this species.

I would be very grateful if someone would be able to assist me in
this question.

Sincerely, Mike Arvedlund

Michael Arvedlund BSc MSc PhD CICS Reef Consultants Rådmand Steins Allé
16A, 2-208 2000 Frederiksberg Denmark

E-Mail:      arvedlund at speedpost.net Homepage:
http://www.bricksite.com/reefconsultants

Where have all the fish gone? Well......you have eaten them....All of
them.... http://endoftheline.com/

Dr. Michael Arvedlund
Reef Consultants
Raadmand Steins Allé 16A, 2-208