[Coral-List] ICRS 2012 costs

Alan.e.strong alan.e.strong at noaa.gov
Sun Jul 17 20:54:08 EDT 2011

Could a simple reason it be that July is "winter" in Cairns and this is
a tropical resort location?"  If the US had done it's 2008 ICRS in Ft
Lauderdale during our winter might we have seen similar prices?

Al

On 7/17/2011 5:54 PM, Carla Zilberberg wrote:
> It is with great great sadness that I hear about this absurd registration
> costs! I was really looking forward to go to my first ICRS meeting,
> particularly as a new faculty member in Brazil. Unfortunately, with this
> price it has become practically impossible to attend such a meeting.. I just
> wonder, as many of the listers also do, WHY it is so expensive!??
>
> All the best to those who will be able to afford to go to this meeting.
>
> Carla

> *******
> Carla Zilberberg, Ph.D.
> Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro
> Instituto de Biologia - Departamento de Zoologia
> Laboratório de Cnidaria
> Av. Brigadeiro Trompowski s/n - CCS - Bloco A - Sala A0-104
> Ilha do Fundão - Rio de Janeiro - RJ - BRASIL
> CEP: 21941-590
> Tel: 21- 2562-6551/ 21-2562-6361

****<><  *******<><  *******<><  *******<><  *******
Alan E. Strong, Ph.D.
NOAA Coral Reef Watch, Consultant
Strong Research, Inc.&  IMSG
NOAA Coral Reef Watch Program
  e-mail: Alan.E.Strong at noaa.gov
url: coralreefwatch.noaa.gov

E/RA31, SSMC1, Room 5311      WWB, Room 601-8
1335 East West Hwy            5200 Auth Rd
Silver Spring, MD 20910-3226  Camp Springs, MD
301-713-2857 x108             301-763-8102
            Fax: 301-713-3136
Cell: 410-490-6602