[Coral-List] Registration cost for 12th ICRS

Richard Dunne RichardPDunne at aol.com
Thu Jul 21 07:16:13 EDT 2011

Thanks to Peter for these incisive words.

The "coral reef science community" thrives, alas the President and
Council of ISRS do not. When did members last hear from the President?
When did they last receive a copy of 'Reef Encounter'? What has happened
since the 11th ICRS? Are there to be any 2011 ISRS Graduate Fellowships?
Will there be a Darwin Medal awarded at the 2012 ICRS - if so when will
there be a call for nominations? ISRS please awake from your slumbers.

Thankfully, the journal 'Coral Reefs'; is the one shining light in all
of this fog. Under the continued editorship of Rolf Bak and Betsy
Gladfelter it now ranks 3rd in its class with an Impact Factor of 3.78.
It has never been so high in its 20 year history.

Richard P Dunne