[Coral-List] Registration cost for 12th ICRS

Luiz Rocha rocha at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Jul 21 17:44:19 EDT 2011

Just to give everyone a reference point, I just received an announcement
for the 25th International Congress for Conservation Biology to be held in
Auckland, New Zealand from 5 to 9 December 2011. These meetings are
usually attended by 1500 people. Here are their early bird fees:

Professionals: US$380.00 (US$195.00 if from a developing country)
Students: US$195.00 (US$110.00 if from a developing country)

I know it is comparing apples and oranges, but why add so many expensive
functions to the meeting? I then ask the same question that Peter did,
what is happening to the community?

Cheers,

Luiz