[Coral-List] Subject: I support Mark Spaldings suggestion for online meetings to replace ordinary meetings

Kelley Anderson kelleyand at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 19:16:45 EDT 2011

Hi all,

Just a quick note on the string of comments regarding transitioning meetings to the internet.  While I fully support this move (one can only attend so many climate conferences before they reach their guilt limit), there are many of us who do not have speedy enough internet to take advantage of online meetings.  My only request is that those who are transitioning to this option consider those of us in places where fast internet doesn't exist, and try to have a "slow connection" option, or at the very least a transcript of some sort.

Cheers,
Kelley

Kelley L. Anderson Tagarino, M.Sc.
Marine Science Coordinator
American Samoa Community College
PO Box 4574
Pago Pago, American Samoa 96799
Office 1 (684) 699-9155 x 356
Cell    1 (684) 252 2310
"If the biota, in the course of aeons, has built something we like but do not understand, then who but a fool would discard seemingly useless parts? To keep every cog and wheel is the first precaution of intelligent tinkering."  Aldo Leopold