[Coral-List] New Symbiodinium transcriptome sequences

Monica Medina mmedina at ucmerced.edu
Fri Jul 22 18:47:46 EDT 2011

Dear colleagues,

We would like to announce the availability of new 454 assembled ESTs
for two Symbiodinium strains (Mf104b - clade B, and KB8 - clade A) in
addition to downloadable annotations through this link: http://medinalab.org/zoox

A BLAST+ interface is available here:
http://sequoia.ucmerced.edu/biomin/blast++/

The transcriptomes were sequenced by the Joint Genome Institute (JGI)
and the raw data have been deposited at the Short Read Archive (SRA)
archive at NCBI with these accession numbers:

SRX076710
SRX076709
SRX076696

The assembly (using the MIRA package) and annotations were conducted
by Till Bayer from the Voolstra Lab at KAUST.

We are in the process of revamping our SymBioSys database. The new 454
Symbiodinium transcriptome annotations will be available by query once
updates are finished. A pertinent announcement will be made on coral-
list then.

Regards,

Medina Lab

Monica Medina