[Coral-List] Buoyant weight and plates

Sana Dandan dandas02 at student.uwa.edu.au
Mon Mar 14 23:59:12 EDT 2011

I want to set-up some long-term monitoring on a transect, incl. plates
for buoyant weight, and I have little experience there. I hear that
Z-spar is good for adhering corals to plates - should I just go with
that or is there someone with another suggestion. and are there any
sort of tile or plate material that's better than or worse - think of
going with high density polyethylene. As for the scale itself I need
to buy one so any suggestions on which one to get?
Any input would be much appreciated, as many papers just refer to the
method by Jokiel and I gather that there must be some more up to date
stuff out there.
Thanks again

--
Sana S Dandan