[Coral-List] Species-area curves

karim karim.benmustapha at instm.rnrt.tn
Thu Mar 24 04:43:15 EDT 2011

Dear Sean

Few years ago, we fulfill a very hard task, consisting in sampling sponge
population (demosponges) from messioua bank, located 30 NM east of zarzis
(south of Tunisia), from a mixed bottom (posidonia meadows, rocky substratum
and sandy one) from 20 to 30 m depth, to found out the species-area curves
needed to do right sampling of this community in Tunisian waters.
I can forward you the full report (French writing).
The interest of the study was to work on off shore bank known for its
commercial sponge population, so the study was rather a comprehensive
ecological study on the sponge population of that bank, I really hope to
have the time to publish it this year in peer reviewed journal.
Kerim