[Coral-List] Lionfish consumption at dive sites

Belize Marine TREC trec at hotmail.com
Sun May 22 08:47:00 EDT 2011

Hi Katherine,

Is it possible that the barracuda and grouper are used to being fed
by the divers?  I know in San Pedro dives are often accompanied by such
fish which the dive masters feed.  I know of dive masters that have been bitten
by barracudas under such circumstances.  I would like to hear from someone who
has seen a lionfish consumed and then knows of the future good health and continued
lionfish feeding by that specific fish.  This may not be as difficult as it sounds since many
dive masters know specific fish that follow them on a regular basis.
Dr. KC Mattes
www.BelizeMarineTREC.com