[Coral-List] Job Announcement: SeaWeb Hawaii Program Associate
SRADWAY at SEAWEB.ORG
Tue May 24 22:41:07 EDT 2011
SeaWeb is hiring a Program Associate to be based in Honolulu, Hawaii. This position will serve an integral role in the organization’s Asia Pacific Program by supporting social marketing initiatives in Hawaii and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI). SeaWeb is an international, nonprofit, communications organization dedicated to creating a culture of ocean conservation.
To support our social marketing initiatives in Hawaii and the Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands, SeaWeb is looking for a professional with a background in marine conservation issues and the ability to communicate complex ocean issues in compelling ways. The Program Associate should work well in team settings, but also be able to work independently when necessary.
This position is ideal for a strong communicator who excels at strategic planning, problem solving and partnership building and who has a passion for conserving marine ecosystems and supporting the coastal communities that depend on them. This position requires someone with experience in engaging Pacific Islands communities. Some marketing experience is preferred.
This position is funded for the duration of the social marketing initiatives, which is three years. There is a potential for longer-term employment with SeaWeb.
· Support the Director of the Asia Pacific Program in designing and implementing SeaWeb social marketing initiatives for CNMI and Hawaii.
· Assist in conducting communications training workshops and other events to support our social marketing initiatives.
· Undertake partner engagement, including working with communities and other key stakeholders.
· Develop communications training modules/presentations for our workshops and training activities.
· Help SeaWeb and its partners execute social marketing campaigns and other strategic outreach activities, including media engagement and the production of products and materials.
· Write and distribute press materials and maintain press kits.
Qualifications and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in social science, liberal arts, biology, environmental science or related field. High school diploma with additional work experience and demonstrated skills may substitute for a college degree.
· 2 to 5 years work experience in communications, marketing, marine conservation and/or community development.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills and experience in translating science into compelling language.
· Ability to conduct research/analysis of resource management challenges, identify root causes/barriers and provide creative solutions.
· Ability to present our work and goals to wide range of audiences, including partners, donors and the media.
· Knowledge of Pacific Island cultures and customs and experience engaging Pacific Island communities.
· Ability to budget and manage events.
· Detail-oriented and self-motivated, with the ability and willingness to work across many time zones, as well as work independently
· Willingness to travel.
Interested candidates should submit letter of interest, resume and three references to hr at seaweb.org with Hawaii PA Position Application in the subject line. Please include salary requirements in the letter of interest. Applications will be accepted until position is filled. No phone calls please.
Applications are strongly encouraged from candidates reflecting diverse educational, cultural and experiential backgrounds. We encourage applications from women, people with disabilities, people of diverse ethnic, racial, religious and socioeconomic backgrounds, educational and work experiences, geographic and national origins, sexual orientations and ages.
SeaWeb is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information about SeaWeb, visit our Web site at www.seaweb.org.
Director, Asia Pacific Program
923 Nu'uanu Avenue
Honolulu, HI 96817
sradway at seaweb.org
More information about the Coral-List