[Coral-List] non artificial reef structures

Douglas Fenner douglasfenner at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 2 16:23:17 EDT 2011

Thanks, Bill!!  Amazing, fish in the pond influencing the plants on land!  Things are connected in ways we scarcely could guess.
     I think you are saying that the solution is to remove all those little places that collect fresh water where the mosquitoes breed, not spraying toxic chemicals all over.  Removing the little fresh water breeding places costs almost nothing, is totally non-toxic, causes no trophic cascades, can be done right away, is not hard.  The solution is right in front of us, low tech, simple, easy, costs nearly nothing.  But are the Keys full of lots of drainage canals full of fresh water that can't be drained??     Cheers,  Doug