[Coral-List] Reef Research Needs

Curtis Kruer kruer at 3rivers.net
Wed Nov 9 10:18:26 EST 2011

Jerry,

I know the Keys, I know fish in the Keys, and luckily there's much more to
the Keys than reef fish altho they're definitely the most fun, the most
popular, and often the easiest to work with.
If I'm "way off base" than why does NOAA in late 2011 state
"......increasing coastal populations, ship and boat groundings, marine
debris, poaching, and climate change are critically threatening the health
of the Florida Keys ecosystem."?

"ecosystem" is NOAA's term of choice and that's my point exactly.   The
place seems sterile compared to just 30-40 years ago.

Good work on the reef fish end of things though.

Curtis Kruer