[Coral-List] Sustainable tourism!?

Bill Allison allison.billiam at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 18:53:44 EST 2011

RE. the deep water cooling, I wonder:
1). What is in the water brought up from depth and how it is to be disposed
of? I know of one location that intended to release it into the beach berm.
Perhaps closed circuit is the answer?
2). There is a danger that this "free" cooling will be an incentive for
even less energy conservation. At many resorts the low-hanging fruit have
yet to be picked.