[Coral-List] ICRS 2012 abstract submission has closed

Yellowlees, David david.yellowlees at jcu.edu.au
Mon Oct 3 01:07:14 EDT 2011

We have had an amazing response to our Call for Abstracts with over 2,200 now submitted. We gave people a couple of days grace beyond the 1 October deadline, and abstract submission was closed at 5.00pm eastern Australian time, Monday 3 October 2011.

Because of the scale of the response over the weekend we have revisited our draft programme to maximise the number of talks that can be accommodated over the five days. We will start earlier, finish later and have a shorter lunch than we had originally planned.

By all indications the final number of delegates is going to be quite large so we have hired an adjoining venue that can seat an additional 1,000 delegates. This will allow us to have more concurrent sessions and accommodate more oral presentations. This venue is across the road from the Cairns Convention Centre.

We will shortly forward the submitted abstracts to each of the 73 Mini-Symposium Chairs for them (and their Co-Chairs) to assess.

If you have submitted an abstract for poster or oral presentation, we will inform you of the Mini-Symposium Chair's decision by 15 December 2011. Please note that you need to register by 1 February 2012 to secure your presentation allocation or it will be offered to another delegate.

We are thrilled at the overwhelming response and thank you for your interest in contributing to ICRS 2012 in July next year.

Terry Hughes
ICRS 2012 Convenor

Professor David Yellowlees l Assistant Director
ARC Centre of Excellence for Coral Reef Studies
Room 120, Sir George Fisher Centre
James Cook University, Townsville, Qld 4811 Australia

12th International Coral Reef Symposium (ICRS 2012)
9-13 July 2012, Cairns, Australia
www.icrs2012.com<http://www.icrs2012.com/>