[Coral-List] Protect Our Reefs Grants

Dave Vaughan dvaughan at mote.org
Fri Oct 14 14:20:45 EDT 2011

To All Coral Listers,
     It is my pleasure to announce the Request For Proposals (RFP) for
the "Protect Our Reefs" License Plate Grants in Florida. Additional
information and instructions on how to apply are at:
***http://www.mote.org/4reef* Proposals due: January 15, 2012

Dave Vaughan, PhD.
Mote Tropical Research Lab, Executive Director
Center for Coral Reef Research
Summerland Key, Florida, USA 33042
DVaughan at Mote.org
(305) 745-2729 ext 202

  *NOTICE OF: Mote Marine Laboratory "Protect Our Reefs" *

  *2011 License Plate Grant Funding Availability- Request For Proposal*//

* *

      *GRANT TITLE/LINK *

* *

Ø *Protect Our Reefs***

*http://www.mote.org/4reef*

* *

* *

        FUNDING SOURCE

* And LINK *

* *

Ø *Mote Marine Laboratory -- Protect Our Reefs License Plate*

*http://www.mote.org/4reef*

* *

* *

*WHO CAN APPLY?*

* *

Ø Eligible organizations shall be based in Florida and engaged in reef
research, education and/or conservation. Applicants must be a public
agency, educational institution or a non-profit entity as designated by
the IRS.

* *

      *HOW CAN THE GRANT MONEY BE USED?*

* *

Ø Eligible organizations can utilize the funds to support projects
related to research, education (and outreach) and/or conservation of the
Florida Coral Reef Ecosystem. Priorities are similar to those outlined
by the: Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary Science Plan, the
NOAA-Coral Reef Conservation Program, the Water Quality Protection
Program, and the National Undersea Research Program descriptions of
coral reef research priorities and other existing coral reef program
priorities.

* *

      *GRANT AMOUNTS **and **Number of Awards*

Ø Not specified. It is forecast that approximately $360,000 will be
available for this year's (2011) funding and that higher amounts are
anticipated in future years.

Ø The program has no predetermined grant amount by category, geography
or type of project.

Ø All proposals will be reviewed by the Grants Advisory Committee, which
will set priorities and make recommendations for awards to the President
of Mote Marine Laboratory.

* *

      *MATCH/LEVERAGE*

      *REQUIREMENT*

Ø None required, but matching funds and partnerships with entities, such
as, Mote Marine Laboratory; Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary;
Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission, or other relevant organizations
are encouraged.

* *

          KEY DATES

* *

Ø RFP: October 15, 2011.

Ø Proposals due: January 15, 2012.

Ø Notifications: April 16, 2012.

Ø Grants Awarded: April 30, 2012.

*OTHER GRANT INFORMATION: On the website at; *

*_WWW.MOTE.ORG/4reef <http://www.mote.org/4reef> _*

Any questions about the program should be directed to Bruce Frerer,
Grants Advisory Committee. bfrerer at mote.org <mailto:bfrerer at mote.org>