[Coral-List] Molecular delimitation of species

Jean-François Flot jean-francois.flot at fundp.ac.be
Tue Oct 18 07:31:27 EDT 2011

Dear all,

Those of you interested in taxonomy and molecular delimitation of
species may want to check my latest article on Stylophora published a
few days ago in BMC Ecology [1]. A more detailed presentation of the
haploweb approach I used can be found in my previous article on
Pocillopora from Clipperton Island [2].

[1] Flot J-F, Blanchot J, Charpy L, Cruaud C, Licuanan W, Nakano Y,
Payri C, Tillier S: Incongruence between morphotypes and genetically
delimited species in the coral genus Stylophora: phenotypic plasticity,
morphological convergence, morphological stasis or interspecific
hybridization? BMC Ecology 2011, 11:22.
http://www.biomedcentral.com/1472-6785/11/22

[2] Flot J-F, Couloux A, Tillier S: Haplowebs as a graphical tool for
delimiting species: a revival of Doyle's "field for recombination"
approach and its application to the coral genus Pocillopora in
Clipperton. BMC Evolutionary Biology 2010, 10:372.
http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2148/10/372

Best regards,
Jean-François

--